Naturopathy is a form of complementary medicine which is holistic in its approach, treating the whole person not just the affected area.
It emphasises prevention, treatment, and optimal health and uses products made from plants (herbal medicine) and nutrients (nutritional medicine) that encourage and support the body’s inherent ability to self-heal.
Modern naturopathic medicine blends traditional healing philosophies with current, scientific and empirical methods. I practice Evidence Based Medicine, which means my treatment plans are supported by research.
Six foundational principles underpin the practice of naturopathy:
2. Tolle Causam – Identify and treat the cause.
3. Docere – The Physician as teacher
4. Vis Mediatrix Naturae – The healing power of nature.
5. Tolle Totum – Treat the whole person.
6. Prevention is better than cure.
Read more about the naturopathic principles HERE.